Baby monitor have come along way with most providing an extra long range and packed full of intuitive features. Deciding between an audio or video based device is a matter of personal preference and budget. The best option is often a video baby monitor as they provide complete peace of mind.
The best baby monitor is the HelloBaby Camera, which is a wireless video monitor with a transmission range of 292.6 metres and offers outstanding value for the money.
Table of Contents
- The Best Baby Monitor
- 1. HelloBaby Wireless Video Baby Monitor
- 2. Motorola MBP50 Baby Video Monitor
- 3. BT Smart Video Baby Monitor
- 4. Lollipop Smart Baby Camera
- 5. Tommee Tippee Baby Video Monitor
- 6. Motorola Halo+ Over The Crib Baby Monitor
- 7. iBaby Care M7 Video Baby Monitor
- 8. Angelcare AC1300 Baby Movement Monitor
- 9. Motorola MBP8 Audio Baby Monitor
- 10. BT Digital Audio Baby Monitor 400
Baby Monitor Comparison
|Baby Monitor||Type||Range (Metres)|
|BT Smart Video||Video||250.0|
|Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature||Video||300.0|
|iBaby Care M7||Video||300.0|
|BT Digital 400||Audio||300.0|
If the monitor you choose doesn’t come with a stand, we highly advise that you purchase one separately. It can be difficult to find the best viewing angle of your baby without one and it makes the monitor far more usable.
Below is a list of the best baby monitors that provide complete peace of mind and provide audio or video feedback.
The Best Baby Monitor
1. HelloBaby Wireless Video Baby Monitor
One of the most popular baby monitors in the UK is by the HelloBaby brand. The monitor uses a 3.2 inch LCD colour screen and enhanced 2.4 GHz wireless technology to provide high quality video feedback in all light conditions.
Unlike similarly priced models, this baby video monitor provides crystal clear two way audio, which allows you to have conversations at both ends with your baby.
Other features of the HelloBaby Camera include:
- Range of 292.6 metres
- 3.2 inch LCD colour screen
- High sensitivity microphone
- Can be paired with up to 4 cameras
- Completely wireless and battery powered
- Power saving modes and low battery warnings
- Digital zoom in and out
- 8 lullabies and alarm levels
- Temperature monitoring
- Two way audio for communication at both ends
- Easily portable around the house or travelling
Night vision is an important feature of any baby video monitor and this model includes an automatic light sensor. It’s designed to precisely detect the light conditions and switch between the modes to provide the best video quality.
The HelloBaby Digital Camera is by far the best baby monitor for the money and includes everything you would require. It offers excellent value for the money, plenty of features and is a simple plug and play device.
2. Motorola MBP50 Baby Video Monitor
The Motorola brand are highly reputable within the UK and they produce a wide range of monitors for babies. The MBP50 is by far their most rated baby video monitor they produce and it’s packed full of intuitive features.
The MBP50 is a huge improvement compared to the previous generations with extra features and a curved 5 inch display. Motorola’s MBP series is available in several types but the MBP50 is the best model to choose.
Other features of the Motorola MBP50 include:
- Transmission range of 300 metres
- Two way communication
- Room temperature display
- LED sound level indicator
- Infrared night vision
- 5 inch curved colour display
- Pan, tilt and zoom camera
- Out of range alert
- Lullaby player
- Compatible with up to 4 different cameras
Although the Motorola MBP50 comes with a premium price tag, it’s one of the best options available. It has the reputable backing of the Motorola brand and the complete package is easy to use and includes plenty of features.
It’s also worth noting that Motorola produce a more affordable alternative model known as the MBP48. It shares numerous features but lacks the two way communication, remote pan and tilt and some other aspects.
3. BT Smart Video Baby Monitor
The BT baby monitor is one that works in parallel with the brands dedicated application, which is available on iOS and Android devices. The wireless connection also allows the monitor to work with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant.
Depending upon the budget that you have put aside for a baby monitor, the brand offer both a 12.7 or 6.35 cm model to best suit your requirements.
Other features of the BT Smart Monitor include:
- Range of 250 metres
- 6.35 or 12.7 cm monitor options
- Wi-fi connection
- Dedicated smartphone application
- Record clips or take photos using the app
- Temperature indication
- 5 lullabies to choose from
- 2 way communication
- Sound level lights
- Compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant
The ability to use either the smartphone application or monitor to control the camera is highly desirable. As the application gets updated, the brand may also provide additional functionality too.
Overall, this baby video monitor by the reputable BT brand is an excellent option that offers plenty of connectivity functionality. From connecting to the smartphone application to either an Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant.
4. Lollipop Smart Baby Camera
The Lollipop baby monitor has a distinctive design and is designed to work with both iOS and Android systems. There is a dedicated application that allows you to control the camera and use the numerous features available.
Unlike other monitors that require an additional stand, the Lollipop baby monitor has an intuitive design. You can adjust the flexible design so that it sits on a table, wraps around the crib or a wall hanger for stable recording.
Other features of the Lollipop HD Camera include:
- 300 metres transmission range
- Secure cloud storage with no fees whatsoever
- Multiple lullabies and smooth sounds
- True crying detection technology
- Two night vision modes
- Multi-streaming capability
- Choice of three different colours
- 2 way talk back
- Intuitive design that uses toxic free silicone
Although the brand isn’t as well-known as some of the alternatives, the monitor is highly rated and won’t disappoint. For peace of mind, the brand also provide a 12 month warranty and a 30 day money back guarantee at no extra cost.
5. Tommee Tippee Baby Video Monitor
The Tommee Tippee is another popular baby monitor that is produce by a reputable brand in the baby industry. The Closer to Nature model that they produce uses the latest digital enhanced cordless technology (DECT), which the brand states provides interference-free monitoring.
Included with the baby monitor is a movement sensor pad, which sits underneath the babies cot mattress. It’s designed to monitor the movement and sound an alarm if no movement has been detected within 20 seconds.
Other features of the Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Monitor include:
- Transmission range of 300 metres
- Infrared night vision camera
- Gentle night light
- Temperature monitoring
- Two way talk communication
- Movement sensor pad
- Easy to read LCD monitor
- Rechargeable docking station
For parents that want complete peace of mind whilst their baby sleep, the Tommee Tippee baby monitor is the best option. When used with the movement sensor pad, you are able to analyse everything from their movement, temperature and sound. It’s an excellent monitor produce by a reputable brand and packed full of features.
6. Motorola Halo+ Over The Crib Baby Monitor
Another baby monitor by Motorola is the Halo+, which is designed to provide a birds eye view of your baby whilst they sleep. It’s the most expensive model they produce but is packed full of intuitive features and a unique design.
Compared to other monitors that attach to the crib, the Halo+ can be detached from the holder. This makes the baby monitor completely portable and the camera can be placed upon any flat surface.
Other features of the Motorola Halo+ Over The Crib include:
- Range of 275 meters
- Portable display unit with a 4.3 inch screen
- WiFi connected for remote viewing
- Provides sleep insights
- Integrated light show projector
- Choice of 7 colour changing shades
- Multiple audio options
- Detachable design for portable usage
- Infrared night vision
- Two way talk
- Temperature sensor
Included with this baby monitor are Motorola’s exclusive audio collection. This allows you to choose from a selection of audio such as classic lullabies, audio books and even white noise to help your baby sleep.
The Motorola Halo+ Over The Crib is a high quality baby monitor but it does come with a high price tag to match. Features such as the colour changing mood light and the night light projector makes it standout from the rest.
7. iBaby Care M7 Video Baby Monitor
The iBaby Care M7 is another premium option that includes a colourful moonlight soother, which helps provide a relaxing vibe. It also has a distinctive round design that rotates to provide you with the best viewing angle.
For complete peace of mind, there are temperature sensors located on the base of the baby monitor. These sensors are able to measure the air quality, temperature and humidity in the baby’s room.
Other features of the iBaby Care M7 include:
- Transmission range of 250 metres
- 1080P video resolution with night vision capabilities
- 355° Pan & 110° tilt
- Built-in colourful moonlight soother
- 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz WiFi Connection
- Two way audio communication
- Sound and motion alerts
- Thousands of music, audio books and lullabies
- Temperature and humidity monitoring
- Remote viewing on computers, tablets or smartphones
The iBaby Care M7 is an excellent all-round baby video monitor that provide pan, tilt and zoom functionality. It’s their new and improved model that has thousands of store music, lullabies and bedtime stories available from the app.
8. Angelcare AC1300 Baby Movement Monitor
The Anglecare AC1300 is another video baby monitor that includes a mattress sensor pad for movement monitoring. It’s a desirable feature that many parents require but as with the Tommee Tippee alternative, it does come at a cost.
Unlike many of the alternative monitors, the design of the AC1300 is far more sleek with a premium look and feel.
Other features of the Anglecare AC1300 include:
- Range of up to 250 metres
- Large 3.5 inch LCD colour display
- Infrared technology for night vision video
- Adjustable camera with pan and zoom
- Under the mattress sensor pad
- 2.4 GHz digital transmission
- Audible alarm upon low battery
- Out-of-range indicator
Overall, the Anglecare AC1300 is a high performing baby monitor but the expensive price tag will put many parents off purchasing it. However, if you require a high quality design with easy to use controls, it’s an excellent option.
9. Motorola MBP8 Audio Baby Monitor
By far the most popular audio baby monitor is the Motorola MBP8, which is a simple plug in and play device. The monitor plugs into the baby’s sleeping room and the other unit goes into the parents room with zero cords required.
In order to ensure that all the noises from your baby makes are picked up, this baby monitor has a high sensitivity microphone designed to pick up even the quietest of cries.
Other features of the Motorola MBP8 include:
- Transmission range of 50 metres
- Simply plug in device with no cords required
- The baby’s unit has an integrated night light
- Out of range alert functionality
- Secure data encryption
- 1.8 GHz DECT technology
- Five LED’s upon the parents unit
- Completely portable
Unlike other cheaper alternatives, the MBP8 uses the clever DECT technology, which improves the sound clarity for loud and clear audio output from the microphone unit.
The Motorola MBP8 is the best audio baby monitor available that is affordable and provides excellent performance.
10. BT Digital Audio Baby Monitor 400
Another baby monitor by BT is the 400 model, which offers a much longer range when compared to similar priced alternatives. It’s a relatively basic audio monitor but features everything that you require for monitoring sound coming from your baby’s room.
In terms of powering the two devices included in the package, you will need to use the rechargeable batteries that are included in the package.
Other features of the BT Audio 400 include:
- Range of up to 300 metres
- Interference free HD sound
- Sound sensitive LED’s for visual alerts
- Easy to use and setup with a user guide included
- Reputable brand backing
If the Motorola MBP8 doesn’t provide the transmission range you require, this baby monitor is the next best device. The long range of 300 metres should be more than enough for the majority of baby’s sleeping rooms.
The brand also produce a more expensive model known as the 450 that includes extra lullabies, two way communication and a temperature display. However, the 400 model is more than adequate and is far more affordable.
Deciding upon the best baby monitor can be a difficult task due to vast amount of devices available online. Whether you require audio or video monitors, both provide complete peace of mind that your baby is safe and relaxed.
All of our recommendations includes a wide range of devices that are suitable for those that require all the technology or are on a budget. We advise that you buy from a reputable brand to avoid disappointment.