Many parents are deciding against using carriers and instead beginning to use a baby sling. They are ideal for newborns and offer multiple ergonomic positions for your baby. They also evenly distribute the baby’s weight across your back, shoulder and hips in order to prevent any discomfort.
The best baby sling is the YogaBellies® Wrap, which is a high quality option constructed of a Oeko-Tex standard fabric that is easy and light to wear.
Table of Contents
Baby Sling Comparison
|Baby Sling||Colour(s)||Weight Range|
|YogaBellies® Wrap||Grey||Newborn to 35 LBS|
|Funki Flamingo||Grey||Newborn to 35 LBS|
|Baby K’Tan||Black||8 to 35 LBS|
|Hana BAMBOO||Dusty Navy or Slate||Newborn to 35 LBS|
|Juicy Bumbles Wrap||Black, Grey or Stripes||Newborn to 35 LBS|
|Ergobaby Sling Wrap||Sage, Grey, Indigo, Blue, Dots or Stripes||Newborn to 11.3 KG|
Unlike a standard baby carrier, slings are usually constructed of long pieces of fabric that is wrapped across the wearers body to keep your baby securely tucked in. Many parents feel that they connect with their baby more using baby slings, which makes them very popular particularly with newborn babies.
Below is a list of the best baby slings that are lightweight, breathable and provide comfort for both the wearer and baby.
The Best Baby Sling
1. YogaBellies® Baby Sling Wrap
The YogaBellies® is a high quality baby sling that is designed for newborns up to 35 LBS. The brand state that it’s hands-finished in the UK and is designed to be easy to put on as well as comfortable. It even comes with instructions, which allows you to correctly put on the sling on.
Compared to cheaper baby sling wraps on the market, the brand state that their wraps exceeds the Oeko-Tex Standard 100 test for harmful standards for complete peace of mind.
Other features of the YogaBellies® Baby Wrap include:
- Made in the UK with all materials exceeding safety standards
- 100% organic cotton construction with mild stretch
- Easy and comfortable to wear
- Easily manoeuvre baby for breastfeeding
- Includes a matching hat and pouch
- Suitable for newborn babies up to 35 LBS
- 100% money back guarantee
Overall, the YogaBellies® baby sling is an easy to wear and high quality option that is manufactured in the UK. Although it’s slightly more expensive than the alternatives, you have the complete peace of mind that it meets even the most stringiest of UK safety standards.
Check it Out
2. Funki Flamingo Comfort Baby Sling
By far the most popular baby sling is produced by the Funki Flamingo brand, where they promise unbeatable quality. It’s made from premium materials that is capable of years of usage and repeated washing.
Unlike many of the alternatives, the brand provide a guarantee forever with this baby sling. Regardless to how often you wear the sling, there is a 100% money back and infinity replacement guarantee.
Other features of the Funki Flamingo Wrap include:
- For newborns up to 35 LBS
- Made from 95% cotton and 5% spandex
- Clip-free design with no excess fabric
- Easy to put on and comfortable
- Neutral grey colour
- Plenty of elasticity for easy maneuverability
- Completely machine washable
- Guaranteed forever
The Funki Flamingo baby sling is a comfortable option that distributes the babies weight evenly to prevent back strain. It also comes with a 100% money back and infinity replacement guarantee for complete peace of mind.
Check it Out
3. Baby K’Tan Baby Cotton Sling
It’s been designed to provide maximum comfort for both the wearer and baby with multiple unique features that standout from the alternatives.
Other features of the Baby K’Tan Sling include:
- Suitable for newborns up to 25 LBS
- Ergonomic positioning for the baby
- Back support-band that evenly distributes the weight
- Double shoulder support for the wearer of the sling
- Machine washable and dryer safe
- No buckles, ring, clasps or bulky padding
- Includes a carrying bad and instruction manual
Although expensive, the Baby K’Tan Sling offers superior comfort for both the wear and baby when used correctly. It also doesn’t include any buckles, rings, snaps, clasps, bulky padding, metal or plastic, which can become a nuisance.
Check it Out
4. Hana Bamboo Baby Sling Carrier
The Hana Bamboo is another popular baby sling wrap that is made of 48% bamboo fiber, 48% cotton and 4% elastane. For complete peace of mind, the brand state that all the fabrics used meet or exceed the OEKO TEX standard.
In order to maximize your baby’s correct hip development, this baby sling fully supports both their back and legs.
Other features of the Hana Bamboo Sling Wrap include:
- Construction is OEKO TEX certified
- Lightweight and comfortable
- Supports your baby’s back and legs fully
- Distributes weight evenly across the wearers shoulders and back
- Available in a dusty navy or slate colour
- One size fits all
- anti-bacterial and hypoallergenic
A unique feature of this baby sling is that it’s partly made from a premium bamboo fiber. The main benefit of this is that it’s extremely soft, has a natural UV filter, breathable and is thermo-regulating.
The Hana Bamboo is an excellent all-round baby sling wrap that has an intuitive design and is available in two colours to best suit your requirements.
Check it Out
5. Juicy Bumbles Baby Sling Wrap
The Juicy Bumbles is an affordable option that is available in black, grey or stripes and is suitable for babies up to 35 LBS. The brand state that the design focuses on providing maximum comfort for both the wearer and baby at all times.
When using this baby sling, you have the choice of holding your baby in three different positions. These include facing in, out or in a lying down position.
Other features of the Juicy Bumbles Sling include:
- Suitable for babies up to 15 KG
- Available in black, grey or stripes
- Offers three positions for your baby
- Fits snugly around the wearers body
- 95% cotton and 5% stretchy spandex
- Includes a drawstring cotton carry bag
Overall, the Juicy Bumbles baby sling wrap offers excellent value for the money and a far superior build quality compared to similar priced alternatives. The multiple design options also allows you to wear different slings to compliment the rest of your outfit.
6. Ergobaby Baby Sling For Newborn to Toddlers
The Ergobaby is a premium option that is suitable from birth up to 11.3 KG and supports your baby in a frog-leg position. The brand state that it’s the best baby sling for beginners because it’s easy to tie with guiding edge and central markers as well as being suitable for all body sizes.
In terms of the construction, it’s made from 100% viscose, which is a breathable material that can also be machine washed up to 30 °C when dirty.
Other features of the Ergobaby Sling include:
- Suitable for babies up to 11.3 KG
- Wraps the baby in a frog-leg position
- Soft and gentle upon the baby’s skin
- Even weight distribution on the back and hips
- Built-in storage pocket and carrying handle
- Multiple colour options available
- One size fits all design
- Machine washable up to 30°C
Although the Ergobaby baby sling wrap comes with a premium price tag, it does come with many unique and desirable features. Unlike cheaper alternatives, it’s lightweight and breathable, which helps to keep you and the baby cool.
Many parents prefer to use baby slings as opposed to standard carrier due to the lightweight design that is comfortable and allows you to cuddle your baby at all times. All of our recommendations are suited to a range of different budgets and offer multiple designs that are suitable for even the fussiest of people.