To provide complete peace of mind that your baby doesn’t have a fever, you can use a dedicated baby thermometer. They are available in several different forms that provide instant feedback of the readings in just a few seconds.
The best baby thermometer is the Braun Thermoscan 7 IRT6520, which is suitable for newborns to adults and displays accurate result upon the LCD display in less than a second.
Table of Contents
- The Best Baby Thermometer
- 1. Braun Thermoscan 7 IRT6520 Thermometer
- 2. CocoBear Forehead Baby Thermometer
- 3. Tommee Tippee Baby Ear Thermometer
- 4. Braun No Touch Plus Forehead Baby Thermometer
- 5. Braun Age Precision Baby Ear Thermometer
- 6. Mothermed Baby Bath Thermometer
- 7. Motorola MBP70SN Smart Baby Thermometer
- 8. The Gro Company Groegg Baby Room Thermometer
Baby Thermometer Comparison
|Baby Thermometer||Type||Stored Readings|
|Braun Thermoscan 7 IRT6520||Ear||9|
|Tommee Tippee Baby||Ear||9|
|Braun No Touch Plus||Forehead||9|
|Braun Age Precision Stick||Ear||1|
|Mothermed Waterproof||Bath and Room||0|
|Motorola MBP70SN Smart||Forehead or Ear||Unlimited|
|The Gro Company Groegg||Room||0|
Many parents will purchase more than one type of thermometer for their baby. You will want to be able to takes measurements of their actual temperature as well as their surroundings for complete peace of mind.
Due to technological advances, the use of non-contact devices have become far more popular. Although they may cost slightly more, they have the benefit of being able to take your baby’s temperature in their sleep without disturbing them.
Below is a list of the best baby thermometers that can measure the baby’s body, bath or room temperature.
The Best Baby Thermometer
1. Braun Thermoscan 7 IRT6520 Thermometer
Braun are a highly reputable brand in the UK and the Thermoscan 7 IRT6520 is one of the most popular baby thermometers available. It’s an infrared ear thermometer that features Age Precision technology.
To further improve the accuracy of this baby thermometer, it features a patented pre-warmed tip and ExacTemp positioning system for professional results.
Other features of the Braun Thermoscan 7 IRT6520 include:
- Ear thermometer
- Suitable for newborns to adults
- Colour coded display and nightlight
- Accurate results in seconds
- Celsius and Fahrenheit switch
- Auto switch off after 60 seconds
- Store the last 9 readings
- Includes 21 disposable probe covers
- BPA free
The Thermoscan 7 IRT6520 is the best baby thermometer that has the backing of the reputable Braun brand. It does come with a premium price tag but it’s built to the highest of standards and includes everything you require.
The brand also offers additional disposable probe covers so that you can use the thermometer time and time again.
Check it Out
2. CocoBear Forehead Baby Thermometer
The CocoBear thermometer is a multi-functional thermometer that not only measures body temperature but also object temperature. This is made possible using an advanced imported probe and sensitive infrared sensor.
Other features of the CocoBear Thermometer include:
- Measurements taken from the forehead or ear
- Can also be used to measure the temperature of baby milk, food or bath water
- Smart fever warning
- LCD display with two colour backlight
- Accurate readings within 1 second
- Easy to use with a single button operation
- Records the last 20 measurements
- Celsius and Fahrenheit
- Automatic switches off after 30 seconds
This baby thermometer by Cocobear offers excellent value for the money and is suitable for all the family. The brand also state that it has been tested under powerful clinical trials by medical experts.
Check it Out
3. Tommee Tippee Baby Ear Thermometer
Tommee Tippee is a popular baby brand in the UK and their thermometer is ideal for babies with a tiny tip for measurements. The brand state that it will display accurate readings in less than a second upon the large LCD display.
Other features of the Tommee Tippee Thermometer include:
- Tiny tip for baby ears
- Fever alert alarm
- Stores up to 9 readings
- 8 replacement hygiene covers
- Automatic power off after 60 seconds
- Readings are displayed in Fahrenheit or Celsius
In order to use the baby thermometer, simply place the tip into the ear, press the scan button and then the reading will appear within a second on the display. Overall, the Tommee Tippee thermometer is a cheap digital option that is packed full of intuitive features.
Check it Out
4. Braun No Touch Plus Forehead Baby Thermometer
Using a baby thermometer that doesn’t touch the baby can often be the best option. The Braun No Touch Plus is one of the most popular and uses a proximity sensor that finds the right distance for measurements, which can be up to 5 cm.
Another great feature of using this baby thermometer is the fact that it doesn’t produce an audible alert. This means that you won’t wake the baby if you are attempting to get temperatures whilst they are sleeping.
Other features of the Braun No Touch Plus include:
- No touch forehead thermometer
- Measures up to 5 cm
- Backlight digital display
- On-screen positioning system
- No sound mode for sleeping babies
- Readings in less than 2 seconds
- Colour coded fever guidance
The Braun No Touch Plus is one of the best forehead baby thermometers that doesn’t touch your baby. This makes it ideal for sleeping babies that don’t like the standard thermometers.
5. Braun Age Precision Baby Ear Thermometer
Another baby thermometer by Braun is the more affordable Age Precision model. It’s one of the cheapest options within this article but unlike similar priced alternatives, it has the backing of the reputable Braun brand.
In terms of using this baby thermometer, you will firstly need to select the correct mode. There are three in total that include 0-3m, 3-36m and 36m to adult.
Other features of the Braun Age Precision Stick include:
- Readings taken from the ear
- Results within 8 seconds
- Sound fever alarm
- Stores last temperature reading
- Flexible tip with reusable covers
- Battery powered
Overall, the Braun Age Precision Stick offers excellent value for the money and is suitable for all age ranges. The only drawback is that the readings can take up to 8 seconds, which is much longer the alternatives but it’s far cheaper.
6. Mothermed Baby Bath Thermometer
When it comes to bathing your newborn, not every baby bath will come with a thermometer. Some may come with a warning indicator but not a reading of the actual water temperature.
This is where the Mothermead baby bath thermometer becomes very useful as it floats upon the bathwater for quick and easy measurements every 5 seconds.
Other features of the Mothermead Thermometer include:
- Completely waterproof
- Reads the water temperature every 5 seconds
- Can also be used to measure the room temperature
- Easy to read LCD display
- Temperature alarm for cold or hot temperatures
- Fun bath toy for babies to enjoy
- Automatic shut off after 30 minutes
The water temperature is a critical factor when you bathe your baby and it’s important that you get the temperature correct. The use of a baby bath thermometer is the best option and even if you mistake the temperature, the device will atert you straightaway.
7. Motorola MBP70SN Smart Baby Thermometer
The Motorola MBP70SN is a baby thermometer that is available as an in-ear or non-contact device. The standout feature of this model is the fact that it connects to a smartphone application via a WiFi connection.
When using the dedicated application, you are able to track and monitor the body temperature of your baby. It will also store all of your baby’s readings without being restricted by a memory limit.
Other features of the Motorola MBP70SN include:
- In-ear or non-contact thermometer
- Ideal for newborns to adults
- Fast and accurate measurements
- Fever alarm warning
- BPA free construction
- LCD display with temperature readout
Although the smartphone application is a great addition to the complete package, it isn’t necessarily required. You can use this baby thermometer using just the unit with the readings appearing on the clear LCD display.
Overall, the MBP70SN is packed with a variety of features and is ideal for those that want to track their baby’s readings on their smartphone or tablets.
8. The Gro Company Groegg Baby Room Thermometer
The Gro Company Groegg baby room thermometer is a very popular and rated option that ticks all the boxes. It’s a digital unit that has a back lit LCD display that allows you to quickly glance at it for instant feedback of the temperature.
Other features of the The Gro Company Groegg include:
- Award winning baby thermometer
- Changes colour dependent upon room temperature
- Digital thermometer with a back lit LCD display
- Gentle night light (colours vary on temperature)
- User guide/instructions included
If you require an affordable baby room thermometer with an intuitive design, the Groegg model is the best option. It allows you to quickly glance at the device for instant feedback and also acts as a gentle baby night light.
Check it Out
Regular checks of your baby’s temperature is highly advised. You will require a thermometer that is designed for newborns and this is important because many are only designed for adults.
All of our recommendations are suitable for newborns up to adults and include several types. We advise that you purchase a dedicated baby thermometer for each type of measurement. This means that you should one for body readings, one for the room and another for bath or water measurements.