Conservatory heaters are available in a wide range of types that include portable oil-filled units to smart wall mounted radiators. The budget that you set aside will play a big part in the types of heaters suitable for your requirements.
The best conservatory heater is the Wärme Designer, which is a digital wall mounted heater with a stylish design. It produces 2,000 watts of heat output and the brand states its totally maintenance free.
Table of Contents
- The Best Conservatory Heaters
- 1. Wärme Designer Electric Wall Heater
- 2. Dimplex CDE3ECC Conservatory Heater
- 3. MYLEK Aluminium Electric Panel Heater
- 4. Dyson AM09 Hot + Cool Fan Heater
- 5. FUTURA Eco Electric Panel Electric Heater
- 6. Pro Breeze® Mini Ceramic Fan Heater
- 7. Adax NEO Conservatory Heater
- 8. VonHaus Oil Filled Portable Heater
Conservatory Heaters Comparison
|Wärme Designer||Wall Mounted||2,000W|
|Dimplex CDE3ECC||Free Standing||2,000 – 3,000W|
|MYLEK Aluminium||Wall Mounted or Free Standing||600 – 1,500W|
|Dyson AM09||Free Standing||1,500W|
|FUTURA Eco||Wall Mounted or Free Standing||600 – 2,000W|
|Pro Breeze Mini||Free Standing||2,000W|
|Adax NEO||Wall Mounted||600 – 1,400W|
|VonHaus Oil Filled||Free Standing||800 – 2,500W|
Most modern heaters come with digital displays, programmable thermostats and even various WiFi/smart functions. However, if you simply want a basic heater, there are hundreds of cheap options available too.
Below is a list of the best conservatory heaters that will help keep conservatories heated up and feeling cosy.
The Best Conservatory Heaters
1. Wärme Designer Electric Wall Heater
The Wärme Designer is a stylish and energy efficient heater that is ideal for mounting to any walls of a conservatory. It’s a simple plug in and use heater that requires zero maintenance or servicing.
In terms of the installation, included in the box are all the fixtures and fittings to mount it onto the wall. It’s important to note that it will require 30 cm of clearance at the top and bottom as well as a nearby power socket.
Other features of the Wärme Designer Heater include:
- 2,000W heat output
- Digital thermostat
- Instant heat mode
- Built-in safety sensors for protection
- Waterproof casing
- Easy to install and zero maintenance
- Includes fixtures and fittings
- 47 x 8 x 82 cm in size
The Wärme Designer is a highly efficient and modern heater that will make a great addition to any conservatory. The brand also state that the heater doesn’t require any servicing or maintenance, which is another big bonus that makes it a worthwhile investment.
2. Dimplex CDE3ECC Conservatory Heater
The Dimplex CDE3ECC is one of the most powerful electric heaters within this article with an output of 3,000 watts. Due to the impressive heating performance, it’s ideal for mid to large sized conservatories that need an extra boost of heating during the cold winter months.
Dimplex also offer this electric heater as a more affordable 2,000 watt model and even with the choice of the inclusion of the electronic climate control.
Other features of the Dimplex CDE3ECC include:
- 2,000 or 3,000W heat outputs
- Optional electronic climate control
- Includes a 5 year warranty
- Remote control for adjusting the temperature
- Backlight LCD display and large control buttons
- Programmable 24 hour timer
- No heat lag
Overall, it’s a powerful conservatory heater that is suitable for all rooms sizes and is highly portable with the wheels and lightweight design. The Dimplex CDE3ECC is an excellent all-round option that won’t disappoint.
3. MYLEK Aluminium Electric Panel Heater
The MYLEK electric panel heater is another popular option that can be mounted to the wall or remain freestanding. A unique feature of this model is that its constructed of aluminium, which is a super conductor of heat and makes this heater far more efficient than the cheaper alternatives.
In terms of the heat outputs available, the brand offer this heater as a 600, 900, 1200 or 1500 watt model.
Other features of the MYLEK Aluminium Heater include:
- Highly efficient aluminium design
- Remote control and programmable LCD display
- Three heat modes including frost protection
- Display the current room temperature
- Child lock functionality
- Wall mountable or free standing option
- 58 x 69 x 5.5 cm in size
The aluminium construction and excellent efficiency of this electric panel heater are the standout features. It’s a high performing option that can be used as either a freestanding or wall mounted conservatory heater.
4. Dyson AM09 Hot + Cool Fan Heater
A premium option that can be used all year round due to its cooling functionality is the Dyson AM09. It uses the brand latest Air Multiplier technology, which is designed to provide a powerful stream of uninterrupted air flow.
It has two main operation modes that include a jet focus mode, which delivers a long-range powerful airflow and a diffused mode for a much wider projection.
Other features of the Dyson AM09 include:
- Suitable for all year round usage
- No fast spinning blades or hot heating elements
- Intelligent thermostat that maintains a stable temperature
- Only produces 64 dB of noise
- Remote control and sleep timer
- Easy to clean with a cloth
- Smooth oscillation
- 1.8 metre power cable
- 59.5 x 11.3 x 15.3 cm in size
Although expensive, the Dyson AM09 is the most versatile heater for conservatories available that can be used all year round. As its developed by Dyson, you have the peace of mind that its built to the highest of standards.
Depending upon your budget, Dyson offer a wide range of other heaters with smart features, HEPA filters and more.
Check it Out
5. FUTURA Eco Electric Panel Electric Heater
The FUTURA Eco is a more affordable alternative compared to the Wärme alternative above. It’s usable as a wall mounted or floor standing heater and the brand offer it as a 600, 1000, 1200, 1500, 1800 or 2000 watt models.
A unique feature of this heater that is perfect for conservatories is the Auto Open Window Detection functionality. The purpose of this function is to automatically switch off if the room temperature has a sudden drop of 5 degrees or more.
Other features of the FUTURA Eco include:
- Choice of six different heat outputs
- Wall mountable or free standing
- 86 x 8 x 40 cm in size
- Advanced thermostat control and timer
- Digital LCD display
- 1.5 metre power cable
- Includes a 2 year warranty
Overall, the FUTURA Eco is an excellent conservatory heater for the money that is available in several forms to best suit your requirements. The fact that it can be wall mounted or free standing is also a great bonus.
Check it Out
6. Pro Breeze® Mini Ceramic Fan Heater
The Pro Breeze® is uses advanced ceramic heating elements that are designed to provide more efficient heating compared to traditional alternatives. Although it’s relatively small when compared to the other heaters, it’s more than powerful to heat conservatories during the winter.
In terms of the heaters operation, there is a choice of four modes that include 2 power setting and 2 oscillation settings for evenly distributing the heat in the conservatory.
Other features of the Pro Breeze® Mini include:
- Max output of 2,000 watts
- Overheat and tip-over protection
- Lightweight design and portable
- Choice of 4 operation modes
- 60 degrees of automatic oscillation
- 18.5 x 15.5 x 26 cm in size
- 1.5 metre power cable
- Built-in thermostat
- Made in the UK
Conservatory heating with limited space can be an issue but the Pro Breeze Mini is the best solution. It’s able to output evenly distributed heat for warming a range of different sized conservatories.
Check it Out
7. Adax NEO Conservatory Heater
Another premium option is the Adax NEO, which is a WiFi enabled heater with a stylish design that would look great in any conservatory. The brand offer five different models, which include a 600, 800, 1000, 1200 or 1400 watt output.
In order to maximize the space available in your conservatory, it has a low profile wall projection, which can make a big impact for small conservatories.
Other features of the Adax NEO include:
- Multiple heat output models available
- Available in white or lava grey
- Low profile design to maximize space
- WiFi enabled for smart interactivity
- Convection type heating
- LCD display with digital thermostat
- Compliant with all the latest UK standards
- Includes a 5 year guarantee
The Adax NEO has a unique design and the desirable WiFi connectivity, which may be a requirement for many people. The main reason for including it within this list however is primarily due to the low profile design.
Check it Out
8. VonHaus Oil Filled Portable Heater
Using oil filled heaters are a popular solution to heating conservatories because they are ideal for mid to large rooms and completely portable. The VonHaus is the best rated oil filled option on the market and is available as a 6, 7, 9 or 11 fin model to suit your heating requirements.
Due to conservatories being colder than other rooms in your home, we highly recommend the 11 fin model, which has an impressive max output of 2,500 watts.
Other features of the VonHaus Oil Filled Heater include:
- 2,500 watts of heat output
- Three power settings and an adjustable thermostat
- Thermal cut off, safety tip over switch and automatic over heat protection
- Includes a two year extended warranty
- 24 hour timer
For those that want a high powered and portable conservatory heater, the VonHaus is the best option. The oil filled option is able to retain a steady room temperature by a stable flow of heat.
Check it Out
Conservatory heaters are one of the best investments you will make during the cold winter months. Due to the glass construction of conservatories, there is no insulation, which means heat easily escapes and leaves the room feeling cold. All of our recommendations are suitable for heating up conservatories and cover a broad range of budgets.