The new and improved home alarm systems available today are far more intuitive than they once were. Most smart systems enable you to form a wireless connection and perform most of the functionality remotely via a smartphone app.
The best home alarm system is the Yale IA-320, which is a DIY kit that can be easily expanded with extras at a later date. It’s designed to be easy to use via the Yale smartphone app and compatible with a range of smart devices.
Table of Contents
Home Alarm System Comparison
|Home Alarm System||Smartphone App||Siren Output|
|Yale IA-340 Sync||Yes||104 dB|
|Ring Alarm||Yes||104 dB|
|ERA HomeGuard Pro||Yes||100 dB|
|Honeywell Home HS331S||No||105 dB|
|JC Wireless||Yes||85 dB|
|tiiwee X1-XL||No||120 dB|
Unfortunately, burglary is a growing trend in the UK and it’s essential that your home is fully protected. The latest wireless systems are far easier to use and offer greater protection when compared to older alarms. There has never been a better time to buy one and they can even be installed yourself in a matter of minutes.
Below is a list of the best home alarm systems that are easy to install and provide you with complete control.
The Best Home Alarm Systems
1. Yale IA-340 Sync Smart Home Alarm
Yale are a highly reputable brand in the UK and known for their superior quality. Their LA-320 is their new and improved home alarm system that is available in four different kits to best suit your requirements.
As it’s a smart alarm system, it has the desirable feature of being able to use voice commands via an Amazon Alexa. This means you are able to arm the alarm by using the specified voice commands, which are listed within the instructions.
Other features of the Yale LA-320 Smart Home Alarm include:
- Full control of the alarm via the Yale Home App
- Compatible with Alexa and Google Voice Assistant
- 200 metre wireless range
- Internal 96 dB siren and 104 dB bell box
- Compatible with Philips Hue bulbs for light flashes
- Rated as Energy Class A+
- Easy to setup and no monitoring fees
- Comes as a complete kit
The Yale LA-320 is the perfect DIY home alarm system that’s easy to setup and can be expanded at a later date. The Yale App is also easy to use and is updated on a regular basis by the brand with extra features.
Check it Out
2. Ring Smart Home Alarm System
Ring are known for their wireless video doorbells but they also produce a range of security systems. Their home alarm systems that they offer are available as 5, 7, 9 or 10 piece kits, which can be expanded at a later date.
According to the brand, you are able to setup this alarm system yourself in a matter of minutes without any tools.
Other features of the Ring Alarm System include:
- Easy to setup and work alongside existing Ring products
- Compatible with the Amazon Alexa for voice commands
- Outputs a 104 dB siren at 30 cm
- Includes a 1 year warranty
- Fast and simple wireless installation
- Optional 3G backup connection available
The Ring Alarm is a complete DIY system that can be installed with ease and upgraded with additional components. Once setup, it connects with the free Ring application, which allows you to further configure the system.
Overall, it’s a high quality kit that comes with everything you require in the box. The only main drawback is the premium price tag when compared to the Yale alternative.
Check it Out
3. ERA HomeGuard Pro Burglar Alarm System
The ERA HomeGuard Pro is a premium wireless burglar alarm system that is available in several configurations. As it’s a smart setup, it can be accessed anywhere at anytime via the HomeGuard application.
It’s a complete wireless home alarm system that works via multiple batteries for a stress-free installation.
Other features of the ERA HomeGuard Pro include:
- Cloud based wireless system
- Easy to use interface and smartphone app
- Compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant
- Solar paneled siren with a stylish design
- Pet tolerant PIR motion detection
- Comes as a complete kit with detailed instructions
- Expandable with multiple optional extras available
Overall, it’s a DIY home alarm system that comes as a complete kit ready to install. Although expensive, it’s packed full of intuitive features and each of the components have been designed to compliment your home decor.
Check it Out
4. Honeywell Home HS331S Wireless Alarm System
Honeywell are another reputable brand in the UK and their wireless home alarm system is designed for those on a budget. It’s an easy to install complete kit that has stylish components and is backed by the reputable brand.
Although its a relatively cheap alarm system, the brand supply contactless tags with the kit. This is a very desirable as they allow you to arm and disarm the system with a simple swipe of the keypad.
Other features of the Honeywell HS331S include:
- Expandable with the ability to add up to 44 accessories
- Easy to install and maintain
- Improved battery performance
- Wireless range of 200 metres
- Active8 technology to avoid false triggering
- 105 dB siren output
The Honeywell HS331S is an excellent all-round option that is ideal for those on a tight budget but want a reputable brand backing the alarm. Although the system is relatively small to begin with, it can be easily expandable with the ability to add up to 44 accessories.
Check it Out
5. JC Wireless Home Burglar Alarm System
Another affordable home alarm system is the JC Wireless Kit, which comes with everything you need in the box to set it up straightaway. In terms of controlling the system, it has an easy to use smartphone application and touch panel.
A unique feature of this system is the large 2.4 inch TFT screen, which allows you to quickly glance at the status and other real time information.
Other features of the JC Wireless Kit include:
- Intuitive display and touch panel
- Supports WiFi/GSM/GPRS/2G connections
- Controls up to 99 defense zones
- Six modes of activating the alarm
- DIY kit that can be expanded
- Includes a two year warranty
- 85 dB alert siren
- Pet friendly PIR detection
Although the brand doesn’t have the reputation of Yale or Ring, it’s still a great option that won’t disappoint. The large 2.4 inch TFT screen and elegant touch panel are the standout features that compliments any home decor.
Check it Out
6. tiiwee X1-XL Wireless Home Alarm System
One of the cheapest home alarm systems in the UK is the tiiwee kit, which is available in several different sized kits. As they are battery powered and completely wireless, they are easy to install using the provided adhesive and screws.
It’s a relatively versatile wireless alarm system that can also be used in garages, shed and even camper vans.
Other features of the tiiwee X1 XL System include:
- Easy to install and battery powered
- Easily expandable system
- Outputs a 120 dB siren
- Batteries last up to 12 months
- User friendly control panel and remote control
Overall, the tiiwee X1 XL is a great basic alarm that is battery powered and can be installed with ease. It does lack the ability to control the alarm via a smartphone application but this may not be one of your requirements.
Check it Out
Burglary and other household crime isn’t going to disappear anytime soon. Therefore, investing into the best home alarm systems is highly advised in order to protect your family and valuables.
The latest DIY systems available are easy to setup and can be controlled remotely via a smartphone application. This makes it easier to use and improves the safety of your property because you can instantly check up on the status at anytime. All of the recommendations in this article are suitable for all budgets and produced by the best brands in the UK.