Whether you want to fit a smart lock to your home or business, they are packed full of functionality. Not only do they improve accessibility but most track the lock via a smartphone app and produce sirens in case its being tampered with.
The best smart lock is the Nuki Combo 2.0, which is the brands new and improved model that’s packed full of functionality. It’s battery powered and provides access through their dedicated smartphone app and other smart devices.
Table of Contents
Smart Lock Comparison
|Nuki Combo 2.0||App, Alexa, Google Home & More||1|
|Yale Conexis L1||App & Tags||5|
|Ultraloq UL3||Fingerprint, Pin Code & App||4|
|WE.LOCK SECB||Fingerprint & App||1|
|Yale Smart Living||App, Pin Code & Tags||3|
|SAMSUNG SHS-2920||Pin Code & Tags||1|
Depending upon your requirements will determine the best form of access for you. The most popular type of access is via a smartphone as the majority of people will leave their home or business with it in their pocket.
Below is a list of the best smart locks that allow for secure keyless entry into your home using a smartphone app, fingerprint technology, tags or a pin code.
The Best Smart Lock
1. NUKI Combo Smart Door Lock
The NUKI Combo is one of the most expensive smart door locks on the market but for good reason. It’s built to the highest of standards and is 100% secure according to the brand by using the latest advanced encryption technology.
The smart lock is app controlled and is compatible with a number of other smart devices such as the Alexa, Apple Home Kit, Google Home, smart watches and much more.
Other features of the NUKI Combo Lock include:
- New and improved model by the brand
- Uses the latest Bluetooth 5.0 technology
- 24/7 control and tracking
- Battery powered
- High quality look and feel
- Compatible with most smart devices
- Available as a Euro or UK cylinder
The new and improved smart lock by the brand comes with a premium price tag but its a worthwhile investment. It’s packed with the latest technology and is built to the highest of standards with a stylish look and feel.
Check it Out
2. Yale SD-L1000-CH Conexis L1 Smart Lock
Yale are a highly reputable brand in the UK and produce a number of security products. Their smart door lock is a popular option that is simple to fit and compatible with most PVC and composite doors.
The brand offer their smart door lock in multiple styles that include chrome, black, polished brass, satin nickel and white.
Other features of the Yale SD-L1000-CH Conexis L1 include:
- British Standards Institute (BSI) approved
- Choice of 5 finishes
- Battery powered (4 x AA batteries)
- Only requires a screwdriver for installation
- Compatible with PVC and composite doors
- Unlock via key tag, mobile phone, phone tag or key card
- Full in-app control for further functionality
The Yale SD-L1000-CH is a excellent all-round option that is available in a choice of styles to best suit your requirements and home decor. The fact that it’s the only smart door lock in the UK that is BSI approved provides complete peace of mind that its fully secure and tested.
Check it Out
3. Ultraloq UL3 Keyless Smart Lock
If you want a smart door lock to use both indoor or outdoor, the Ultraloq UL3 is IP65 rated. This means that it’s completely waterproof and dustproof, which is thanks to the one-piece zinc alloy body.
Other features of the Ultraloq UL3 include:
- Reversible handle for left or right handed doors
- IP65 rated for indoor or outdoor installation
- 18 month electrical warranty and lifetime mechanical warranty
- Available in four different styles
- Intuitive OLED display
- Long battery life with low battery alarm
- Solid one-piece zinc alloy body
Compared to similar priced smart door locks, the Ultraloq UL3 offers far superior quality and functionality. It’s also backed by an impressive lifetime mechanical warranty and 18 month electrical warranty for complete peace of mind.
Check it Out
4. WE.LOCK SECB Electronic Door Lock
The WE.LOCK is an intuitive smart lock that can be unlocked via the smartphone app, fingerprint or a remote tag. According to the brand, its easy to install and compatible with 99% of doors in the UK.
Other features of the WE.LOCK SECB include:
- 3 minute DIY installation
- Adjustable lock cylinder
- Featured packed app with unlock record
- Powered by 3 x AAA batteries
- Low battery alarm siren
- Supports up to 459 fingerprints
- IP44 weatherproof rated
Overall, the WE.LOCK SECB is an easy to install smart door lock that is built to a high standard and packed full of functionality. It does lack certain stylish features but as an all-round lock, it does the job brilliantly.
Check it Out
5. Yale Smart Living Keyless Door Lock
Although it’s a low cost option, the lock still offers multiple access methods such as a pin code, key card, key tag, remote fob and smartphone app.
Other features of the Yale Smart Living Door Lock include:
- Battery operated lock (requires 4 x AA batteries)
- Available in chrome, polished brass or satin nickel
- Multiple forms of keyless access
- Compatible with timber/wooden doors
- Supports Amazon Alexa voice commands
- Illuminated keypad for improved usability
- Tamper alert via an internal alarm
For those that want a keyless smart lock for their wooden doors, the Yale Smart Living model is a great option. It’s an affordable yet high quality door lock that is backed by the reputable Yale brand for peace of mind.
Check it Out
6. SAMSUNG SHS-2920 Smart Security Door Lock
Samsung are a global brand that need no introduction and their SHS-2920 is a basic and easy to use smart door lock. Its supplied with two key tags that are used to active the lock for access or locking with a single touch. It can also be activated using the touchscreen pin code, which is perfect for those without a key tag.
A unique feature that further improves the security of this smart lock is the randomizer. This function forces you to enter two random numbers, which prevents the pin code being inferred based upon previous fingerprints upon the display.
Other features of the Samsung SHS-2920 include:
- Stylish and modern design
- One touch activation using the supplied keytags
- Auto and double locking modes
- Low battery warning and emergency backup
- Only suitable for indoor usage
The Samsung SHS-2920 is a great smart door lock but the lack of a smartphone application is a major drawback. It limits the functionality but apart from that, it’s a stylish and easy to use smart lock.
Check it Out
Although there isn’t much wrong with a good old fashioned key, installing a smart door lock adds far more functionality. It improves accessibility, security and they can be installed relatively easily with basic tools such as a screwdriver.
All of the recommendations within this article cover the best on the market that are available to suit all budgets. To avoid disappoint, we advise that you purchase from a reputable brand and the trial their smartphone app beforehand.